July 2, 2009

Tribute to My Best Bud

My best friend who always made sure I never fell off of his back. The first boy I kissed and the only one to lick my hand for a peppermint. My first friend who was addicted to cribbing.
B.j was put down at 1:40 p.m today. I will receive a lock of his mane and a professional photographed picture of him. I hope he is enjoying life in horse heaven.


I am adding on so when I am 80 I will be able to tell my grand kids about our great friendship. He was a litttle taller than fifteen hands, had beautiful face with a white stripe down the middle with a deep red coat..... he looked like a horse you would see in a demonstration video or picture. He had a neck of a stallion; he thought he was a stallion but really was only a gelding. He could only swish his tail two inches to the right. He was not everyone's favorite horse to ride, for he was bumpy because his pasterns were short. Once he went for a swim in Mrs Wendy's pool at midnight.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your hard news today, Hannah! Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah. I am so sorry for your loss. Cyber hugs from the Newby's. You met us a long time ago and I pray with your mom through cyberspace. Praying for you. Kiersten, Joseph, Hannah, Erin, Alden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hannah, this is so sad. I'm sorry to hear it. It sounds like he was a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no easy way to lose a loved one and I know you miss BJ dearly. He will always remember you too for all the love and attention you gave him. I bet he continues to look down on you and watch over you whenever you are riding. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.